Practical-application-oriented contributions address:
- integrated natural resource management, climate change, biodiversity, governance of tenure agricultural innovation systems and farmer field schools
- effective human and institutional capacity development for country-driven, transformative and sustainable results
- multi-stakeholder / multi-actor governance, processes and partnerships
- Information and Communication Technologies for Development and Empowerment
Publications and Book Chapters:
Author / Editor:
- Country-Level Implementation of the Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Governance of Tenure (VGGT) in South Africa. FAO. 2018. page 91 in Multi-stakeholder Partnerships to Finance and Improve Food Security and Nutrition in the Framework of the 2030 Agenda. High-Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition Report. download
- Institutional Capacity Development Assessment Approach for National Adaptation Planning in the Agriculture Sectors. FAO. 2018. download
- Enhancing Capacities for a Country-Owned Transition towards Climate Smart Agriculture. FAO. 2017. download
- Capacity Development at Multiple Levels for Effective Implementation of Sustainable Land Management. FAO. 2017. page 82 in Sustainable Land Management (SLM) in Practice in the Kagera Basin. download
- Country-Driven Capacity Development for Climate Smart Agriculture. Extension Worker’s Manual. FAO. forthcoming.
- Capacity Development for Sustainable Implementation of Tenure within UN REDD+. FAO. forthcoming.
- Measuring Capacity Development Results- What and How. FAO. 2015. download
- Capacity Development for Climate-Smart-Agriculture. FAO. 2012. download
- Deepening Participation and Enhancing Aid Effectiveness through ICTs and Media- A Practical Manual. Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) Working Paper. 2011. download
- Ironie des Schicksals in Tunesien. Letters to the Editor Neue Zürcher Zeitung. 2011. download
- Amplify the Potential of Smartphones to Fight Poverty in Africa while keeping the Dark Side of Mining Rare Minerals in Mind. Letters to the Editor Economist Intelligent Life. 2011. download
- African Citizens Need a Voice as well as Votes. Financial Times Letters to the Editor. 2010. download
- Planting the Knowledge Seed- Adapting to Climate Change using Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). BCO Alliance. 2009. download
- Multi-stakeholder Partnerships and Processes in ICT4D at the Global Policy Level- The Case of the United Nations Working Group on Internet Governance. Discussion Paper. 2006. download
- Public Private Development Partnerships and the Provision of Water and Sanitation Services to Meet the MDGs. Working Paper. 2005.
- Multi-stakeholder Partnerships to Finance and Improve Food Security and Nutrition in the Framework of the 2030 Agenda. High-Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition Report. Committee on World Food Security. download
- Landscapes for Life: Approaches to landscape management for sustainable food and agriculture. FAO. 2018. download
- FAO Strategy on Climate Change. 2017. download
- Addressing Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries in National Adaptation Plans- Supplementary Guidelines. FAO. 2017. download
- Assessment of Innovation Capacities- A Scoring Tool. FAO. 2017. download
- Facilitating Capacity Needs Assessments for Agricultural Innovation Systems- Trainer’s Manual. CDAIS. 2017. download
- Capacity For Change: Common Framework on Capacity Development for Agricultural Innovation Systems. Synthesis Document / Guidance Note on Operationalization / Conceptual Background. 2017.
- The Agriculture Sector in Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs). FAO 2016. download
- Pastoralist Field Schools in Eastern Africa: Innovative Climate Adaptation in Practice download
- Strengthening Individual and Institutional Capacities to Address Climate Change in Laos PDR. FAO 2016. download
- Enhancing Countries Capacities to Report on Green House Gases. FAO. 2016 download
- Enabling Capacities to Innovate with System-wide Assessment Process. FAO. 2015. download
- Deepening Country Ownership for the Governance of Tenure in Myanmar. FAO 2015. download
- Building a Common Vision for Sustainable Food and Agriculture- Principles and Approaches. FAO 2014. download
- Food Security Commitment and Capacity Profile: Acting on Food Insecurity and Malnutrition. Methodology Paper. FAO. 2014. download
- Organizational Analysis and Development. FAO. 2013. download
- Good Learning Practices for Effective Capacity Development. FAO. 2012. download
- ICTs and Education – Public-Private Partnership (PPPs) to connect Schools to the Net – A National Model in Switzerland. SDC, Berne, Switzerland. 2009. download
- Fighting Poverty- Utilizing Community Media in a Digital Age- Practitioners Reflections from an interactive Roundtable at the World Congress on Communication for Development. 2006.
- Mission to Movement- Creating a rural knowledge revolution in India: Tracing Lessons Learned from Mission 2007. 2006.
- Moving from “Small is beautiful” to a “Sea of Transformative Change”: Applying a system-wide, country-owned and empowering capacity development approach to mainstream biodiversity across agriculture sector. Global Forum for Food Security and Nutrition. 2018.
- Smart, Systemic and Sustainable Capacity Development for effective national implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). United Nations Open Consultation. 2017.
- Voices 2.0: Revolutionizing Participation within Development Cooperation. World Bank Blog. 2011.
- Simple but Not Easy- Why strategic integration of ICTs into development programmes is simply not easy. Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) Learning Blog. 2010.
- The ICT4D Baby is Out but Its Bathwater is Making Waves. Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) Learning Blog. 2010.